Monday 8 March 2010

Congrats!

I am not at home, but luckily, my nieces live close to my mum, so they could (and did) bring her some tulips for today. I just called her at the occasion. And my aunt - I called her, too. In the staff room there were these small chocolates in the morning for us, ladies. And a basket with daffodils in the middle of that big table. They really enlightened the room. And later each of us got a primula (in a flower pot!) to take home. Actually, I'm going to take mine into the classroom.

And what is the occasion, you may ask... Women's Day! Congrats to all the women of the planet (I know, I know ... only few read this blog). Best wishes!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Women's Day to you, Minka! I saw a notice about it from my Care2.com e-newsletter, but then promptly forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Teresa! Same to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minka, you are a joy. Happy Women's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Primula makes me crave the squirty cheese. Dunno if you get that cheese over there?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, Mo, I can't say. I can't figure out what kind of cheese that is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see now, Mo! I have found out what kind of chese it is (http://www.whiteroomcreations.com/images/client_pages/13_PrimulaCheese/Image_2.jpg) and I can see the connection.

    We don't have Primula cheese here, but we have other similar products. eating already? Bon apetit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy women's day to you too! Of course I've already sent an sms to my granny, my auntie and my mother in law and conveniently forgot about you :P

    I don't usually congratulate to all the women. Just THE women. For me there should be a little homesick girls' day. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaawww... your FB good wish counts, so I didn't REALLY think you forgot... maybe just a little. Your missing wisdom tooth is to blame! Same to you, my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't even known that there was such a thing as women's day, and so here I am late for that! Sorry about that Minka!

    Anyway Happy Belated Women's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete