Tuesday 11 August 2009

Away

My sweetheart and I are weird in a way.

Planning vacations, for instance, is one of the most complicated things for us. So this year we decided to wait for last minute offers. And we did. And we kinda liked an offer for Hurgada, Egypt. Kinda. If I had felt he was thrilled about it, I would have jumped to the phone and made a reservation. No problem. So now I would be somewhere near the Red Sea, getting to know Egypt, its sights and people. But then we waited a bit too long and "last minute" became "lost minute." Okay. Never mind. Egypt isn't going anywhere. But suddenly, I felt he was a bit more sorry than he was thrilled before. But then, he doesn't make scenes, yell, shout or anything like that. Which is one of the best things about him. I cannot stand people yelling at me. I've had enough of that. I find his calm way of dealing with things so sweet. That's probably also why I call him sweetheart in English. What else would you call a boyfriend in midforties?

Anyway, we decided not to stay at home. We're going somewhere, even if only for two or three days. Not too far, but far enough. So here's where we're going:



The house itself is located in a beautiful valley. No sea, but plenty opportunities for walks and seeing what you don't usually see. Eating home grown or home produced food. Avoiding the heat here. No internet and TV or not much of it. Like a rehab for me :) .

Well, we'll see. I'll sure take plenty of pictures to show off when I come back. I haven't been blogging much lately, but then I'll want to tell you all about it.

Seeya!



6 comments:

  1. I guess :) I'll tell you all about it in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Minka, that looks like a fairy tale! I hope you're having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place! Has its own merits over Egypt, I'm sure. :) Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to see your pictures. That place looks wonderful.

    Oh, and I have an answer to "What else would you call a boyfriend in midforties?" - how about Main Squeeze? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Main squeeze? I like that? I had to google it a little, now I see that "squeeze" means hug here more or less... Yes, nice! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete